9/28/2007

Fabric Swatch Portraits


I was browsing through my craft folder today and I came upon this nifty project I had saved from www.thepurlbee.com earlier this year. I think it's such a neat idea! You take some of those lovely swatches of fabric you have laying around and stretch them through embroidery hoops of all sizes. It makes the perfect decoration for a sewing/craft room, but I could definitely see it working in a living room or bedroom. Now I just have to scour garage sales for everyone's unwanted embroidery hoops!

In design/sewing news, Billy will be going to maintenance school for about a week in a few days, so I will be sewing up a storm while he's gone. I've been working on perfecting my new patterns and they're almost done. I think I'm going to have to clean up my sewing room before I begin, it's really messy. And by messy, I mean fabric everywhere! I find that when I have a neat and clean sewing room, the ideas come so much easier.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea!!! I just painted my office a rich chocolate brown and this would be perfect for my splash of color!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails