9/18/2009

Renegade Chicago 2009 Recap


The Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago this weekend was awesome!  This year, the weather was awesome, and the selection of vendors was even better.  There were a lot more handmade clothing vendors, and I was really excited about that.  Sunday evening, I got a chance to walk around and chat with some of them.  I talked with Marie from Les Enfants Sauvages about traveling to far away shows, visited the jo clothing booth to check out some cute underwear and chat about Brooklyn, dished about being Polish with Pierogi Picnic, and was totally inspired by how Lesley of Squasht by Les runs her business.  I'm so glad I had my mom as my booth helper so I could get a chance to walk around.

And we can't forget about the excellent loot I procured.  I traded a top for a cashmere sweater from Elsie Q, got this year's and last year's poster for the Renegade Craft Fair Chicago from Mat Daly, a little glass to hold my bobby pins from Mary Ink, and two cute balsa wood necklaces from Greenola.  We ate very well, with yummy breakfast and lunches from the Milk and Honey Cafe, and frozen kefir(!) from Starfruit.  The only bummer was that I got a parking ticket, but that was nobody's fault but my own.  I'm definitely really happy that I got a chance to do this fair again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails