1/04/2010

Goals for 2010

So this is the third year that I'll have made a list of goals for Always the Forest...but this is the first year I've actually made those goals right away in January, not March!  If 2008 was the year of learning, 2009 was the year of just jumping in and doing things, and 2010 is going to be the year of hard, focused work.  I have a feeling this is going to be a good year.  Let's see how I did with my goals from last year:
1. Update the blog more - Slight improvement here...I made an average of 1.5 blog posts a month, which is a little better than the 0.9 I made last year.

2.  Do a fashion show - DONE!  I did a small fashion show last May, and it was a great learning experience.  I'm not going to make it a goal to do another one this year, because I don't know how much it actually helped me, it was just more of a fun thing to do.

3.  Continue to do more shows - DONE!  I did nine this year: Craft Revival, Detroit Urban Craft Fair, Flint Handmade Spring Market, Bang to a Different Beat, Maple Days Art Fair, Movement, Renegade Chicago, Renegade Holiday Fair, and the Shadow Art Fair.  I want to do even more next year!  Doing shows is one of my favorite things.  I love seeing repeat customers again, meeting new ones, talking to other vendors, explaining my work...just the whole socialization part of it!  Interacting with crafty people is awesome.

4.  Get my clothing in more stores -  Not done, but I've been doing a lot of thinking on this topic that needs a post all of its own.  So more on that later.

Goals for 2010:

1. Update the blog more - Yep, I'm gonna give it another try this year.  My specific goal is at least once a week.  I have so much I want to share, and writing about it isn't that hard.

2.  Have cohesive S/S and F/W 2010 collections - I'm going to attempt a legit collection this year, instead of a few scattered pieces.  I also want to stay true to myself this year when it comes to design.  I listened to too many other opinions last year, and I didn't like a lot of the designs I came up with.  I'm giving this one a deadline: end of March for S/S collection, and mid-August for F/W.

3. Contact newspapers/bloggers/etc. - This is the goal that I'm really dreading this year.  I need to promote myself more and try and get some press.  And that means actually emailing those guys, which I am so not good at!  But this is a really important goal this year, so I'd better stick to it!

4. Set a proper pricing formula - To determine my prices, I've just been setting them at whatever I thought was reasonable.  I've had a ton of people tell me my clothing was underpriced, and very few complain that it was overpriced.  I've read about pricing formulas, like cost of goods + cost of labor + a bit of profit, and I think I need to get one in place so I can finally feel good about what I charge for my work.

I have a feeling that 2010 is going to be a good year.  I'm so excited to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails