1/29/2010

Style Friday - Cheat Week

Style Friday!  This is going to be a weekly series documenting personal style.  My resolve for this year (and forever): To not buy a stitch of brand new clothing.  If I want something, I have to make it myself, out of recycled materials.  It's kinda shameful how many pieces of clothing I own that are from Target or some other unethical offender.  I know, I know, you're probably thinking "but Stephanie, you make all the clothes you sell out of recycled materials.  How is that possible!" It's my secret, frivolous vice!  I know how wrong it is, I know the harmful and far-reaching, earth-devastating, worker-devastating effects...I'm awful!  I'm putting a stop to it right now. This first week is a cheat week, I didn't make anything in this outfit, it's just stuff I owned already. Next Friday will feature something I made.

And don't worry, I'm still going to be mostly writing about behind-the-scenes designing/sewing stuff.  I'm not becoming a fashion blogger by any means, but I do think it's neat to see other people's styles every so often and thought I'd offer up my own once a week.

Outfit details:

Necklace- I put it together from another necklace and a belt I got at a garage sale.

Dress- Grey knit cowl neck and bubble hem dress, TJ Maxx

Cardigan- Mustard Lace, Rodarte for Target

Tights- Grey lace tights over teal tights, Parisian

Shoes- these are by far the coolest part of this outfit.  My grandma gave them to me, she got them from Poland.



 


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails