11/08/2010

Baroque Music for Better Focus

I was listening to CBC Radio 2 this morning, and they mentioned how Baroque music really helps you concentrate while you're working.  I was immediately interested, because I often have trouble focusing and staying on task while I'm in the studio (one of the hard things about being your own boss). It is thought that the simplicity and order, as well as the fact that most Baroque music is set at 50-80 beats per minute, calms and focuses the brain.  All those are reasons that I dislike that type of music!  I find Baroque music boring, stuffy, too much like a musical math problem, but I decided to give it a try. I listened to it all day while I was working in the studio, and it worked!  If you have trouble focusing, I definitely recommend making yourself a Baroque music playlist.  Here's what I recommend:

Bach's Cello Suites, The Goldberg Variations (especially as played by Glenn Gould), and Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 5 in F Minor.  Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails