11/27/2011

November News from Always the Forest

A lot of good stuff has been happening recently at Always the Forest headquarters. This is the last week for my pop-up shop at 71 Pop, so if you haven't been by the store to check it out, now is your chance! It's located at 71 Garfield, right across the street from MOCAD.

The Detroit Urban Craft Fair is one week away! It's this coming Saturday and Sunday (12/3-4), at the Detroit Masonic Temple. I'll be posting my annual guide of things to do in Detroit, so if you're looking to plan a weekend in the city, check back here tomorrow for a nifty guide. Event details and RSVP here.

Speaking of craft fairs, Amanda of Dang Argyle wrote a guide to Michigan indie craft fairs in the month of November and December. There is literally one or two every weekend for eight weeks! Check out the guide here.

I finally got my dedicated photography corner all set up, so the webstore will be up and running the week after DUCF, finally! I got my white backdrop installed in a part of the studio where the natural light is pretty consistent, and I picked up a nice dress form to display the clothing. I got my dress form from Detroit Store Fixture on 8 Mile and Livernois. They had everything from gridwalls to price tag guns, if you wanted to get a little bigger with your craft fair display, this would be the place to visit.

Things I am loving right now: homemade egg nog (fresh cream from the dairy down the road, egg yolks, maple syrup, vanilla, and fresh nutmeg; the best!), rush shipping (but not the price), our new Brother printer (not an ink hog!), epsom salt baths with lavender, cardigans (I'm making a ton of them for DUCF), and having a local sewing machine shop that can do emergency repairs on my machines (and the how the ladies scold me for having too much lint in my machines.)

If you're looking for some interesting things to read, some things I've been enjoying lately are: Curbed Detroit (brings me back to our house-hunting days), the new HuffPost Detroit, Fashion Incubator (for the technical side of fashion design), the No Trash Project, and this craft fair poster collection.

I'll leave you with a picture of my dog Emmett, who just turned one year old. He like to wander upstairs to the studio and look out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails