12/09/2011

The Small Craft: pop-up craft shop and skillshare

Last month, I went to the first-ever Small Craft pop-up shop. Started by Amy of My Marigold, Small Craft is donations-based craft store. That means it's filled with a bunch of awesome vintage supplies, but also some really nice things (like super fancy yarn and silk noli) too. Until they secure a retail space, they're doing a once a month pop-up at the Trumbullplex Theater. Along with setting up shop, there is a skillshare hosted every month. Last month, it was learning how to knit. I stopped by to participate in the skillshare, and I bought some vintage library book return pouches.

This month, the skillshare is sewing draft-blockers made from ties, to go under drafty doors. There will be cupcakes, coffee and tea. The pop-up shop runs 12-6pm, you can rsvp and get all of the details here.

The thing I really like about this is the variety of supplies they have. You can go to a big chain craft store, but the stuff there is always the same. At The Small Craft, I can get vintage stickers, sewing patterns, library return pouches and other bits of ephemera. And there are the mainstays too: fabric, yarn, etc.

The cozy knitting skillshare last month. We were serenaded by a string duo!

Photo by Anne of the Handmade Gift Guide


This is me trying very hard not to mess up my knitting....and failing! Melissa was a very patient teacher though. My knitting project is now sitting neglected, I think I'll stick to sewing.

The website is http://thesmallcraft.com/, I definitely recommend checking out this little shop for some awesome/random/vintage craft supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails